With recent initiatives to avoid going out in public as much as possible, it is the best time to make the most of the space we have at home. Quarantine is the perfect place to start creating sustainable and eco-friendly habits at home. With just a few steps, you can create your own compost bin. With this bin you will:
1. Cut down on food waste, and the amount of waste that goes to landfills.
2. Create a way to harvest richer soil that will enrich plants
1. Choose a space that’s at least three square feet. You can create your own (it should be about three feet tall) or find one at your local hardware store.
2. Place your food scraps in the bin. You can place just about any organic materials in the bin. Also, be sure that there is an even mix between dry scraps and wet scraps. More details about this can be found through the link at the end of the article.
3. Stir the waste regularly and add water as needed.
4. After a few weeks, your compost will turn into rich soil that can be added to your garden or given to another garden.
Use your time at home to give back to the Earth that takes such good care of us all! Best of luck with your compost bin! For more detailed and instructions and further information about composting, check out this website: